Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Danity Kane, Jonas, Lupe, Mary J. Earn VMA Nods
R&B siren Mary J. Blige and Pop/R&B outfit Danity Kane walked away with MTV Video Music Award nominations in the network’s recent round of voting this week.
Earning a nomination for “Best Hip Hop Video,” Mary J Blige’s video “Just Fine” will compete with Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, and Flo Rida when the MTV Video Music Awards air on September 7th.
In an unprecedented move, MTV will continue to give fans the opportunity to vote in a number of other categories to be announced later this week.
MTV darlings, Danity Kane also picked up a nomination for Best Pop Video in this round of voting, pitting their “Damaged” video against Britney Spears’ video for “Piece of Me” in addition to videos from the Jonas Brothers, Panic at the Disco and Tokio Hotel.
Best Pop Video
* Danity Kane — "Damaged"
* Jonas Brothers — "Burnin' Up"
* Panic at the Disco — "Nine in the Afternoon"
* Britney Spears — "Piece of Me"
* Tokio Hotel — "Ready, Set, Go!"
Best Hip-Hop Video
* Mary J. Blige — "Just Fine"
* Lupe Fiasco (featuring Matthew Santos)
* Flo Rida (featuring T-Pain) — "Low"
* Lil Wayne (featuring Static Major) — "Lollipop"
* Kanye West (featuring Chris Martin) — "Homecoming"