Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Janet Jackson announces "Rock Witchu World Tour"




Though going out on tour means connecting with fans, it can also mean long hours, high stress, and sleepless nights. Janet Jackson says she’s looking forward to all of it.

“I love all of that, all of that pressure, I really do,” Jackson said on Monday as she gears up for a North American tour to kick off in September.

The tour, which opens in Vancouver, B.C., on Sept. 20 and includes dates in New York and Washington, is Jackson’s first in seven years. But the singer, who just turned 42 last week, said she hadn’t planned on waiting for so long.

“I was supposed to go on tour with the last album,” said Jackson, referring to the 2006 CD “20 Y.O.” But the singer said her record label wanted her to wait for her latest CD, “Discipline.”

“We were actually in full-blown tour rehearsals at that point ... learning numbers, getting everything together, set designs,” she said. “I had to kind of shut everything down and go into the studio.”

Jackson’s shows have always been heavy on choreography and glitzy sets. But she promised fans some surprises this time around.

“It will definitely be a big production but it will definitely also be something that I’ve never done before, that people have never seen from me before,” she said.

While only a few dates have been announced for the Live Nation tour, Jackson expects to take the “Rock Witchu” tour (named, by the way, for a song on her new album, not for her brother Michael’s famous hit) worldwide.

“It’s been a while so I really want to make my rounds,” she said. “I haven’t been to “Australia in a very long time; I can’t wait to go there. There are a lot of places where I really want to stop off at, and that’s the idea, that’s the goal with this tour.

Tickets go on sale June 7.

No comments: